My daughter Sarah claims that her favorite vegetable is broccoli, although when I serve it for supper, it mysteriously is the last thing left on her plate! To be honest, it's not my favorite either so I set out to make myself--and Sarah--love the broccoli she claims is her fave! This quick and easy roasted vegetable recipe is perfect for your rushed weeknights because it's just a few ingredients. Roasting vegetables in the oven will make you look like a culinary superstar. I just might have a new favorite veggie after all!
- 2-3 heads of broccoli, rinsed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons of lemon Dijon vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- Pecorino cheese for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl toss together the broccoli, rosemary, lemon vinaigrette, salt and pepper.
- Spread the broccoli out into a single layer on the parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the edges of the broccoli and are slightly charred and crispy.
- Remove from oven. Squeeze the lemon juice all over the broccoli. Sprinkle with red chili flakes. And grate as much pecorino cheese as you desire over the broccoli.
- Eat and enjoy!