I'm always trying to create new things to throw on the grill as the meat or fish is coming off. This recipe is something quick and easy but has tons of flavor! The combination of asparagus with whole green onions topped with this cool, luscious, shallot yogurt and crunchy walnuts made this weeknight meal a shining star.
- 2 bunches asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 2 bunches green onions, rinsed and peeled
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ medium sized shallot, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup walnuts, roasted (roast on 350 for 6-7 minutes)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil; divided
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat your grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl mix together the yogurt, minced shallot, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Let sit on the counter and allow the flavors to marinate until ready to serve.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil on the asparagus and green onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables for 10 minutes or until cooked through and slightly charred.
- Serve the vegetables on a platter and top with the shallot yogurt, roasted walnuts and fresh parsley.
- Eat immediately and enjoy!