The Ham Pleasure Biscuit Sandwich is the first recipe of our October Tailgating Series. When you live in the South, football is a part of life! We teamed up with Draper James for an ultimate tailgating guide, and I wanted to share the recipes with you here as well.
- 3 dozen thawed buttermilk biscuits
- 2 sticks of softened salted butter
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp of poppy seeds
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lb Swiss cheese, medium sliced
- 1 lb smoked ham, medium sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cream together the butter, mustard, poppy seeds, onions, honey and Worcestershire sauce.
- Slice the biscuits down the middle and spread the butter mixture on both the center and liberally on the tops.
- Place cheese and ham in the center and place the tops back on. Hint: I use two slices for every six biscuits.
- Wrap the biscuits completely in foil and place on a sheet pan.
- Heat in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
Head over to the Love, Reese Draper James blog for more Southern tips. It was so much fun collaborating with Draper James for all things tailgating. And how adorable are their tailgating dishes!