Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of torn mint leaves
- Zest of half a lime
- Place all ingredients above into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Stir for a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved and then remove from the heat.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge and use for 1 week.
Sweet and Spicy Rim
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/5 tsp ground cayenne
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/8 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup soda water
- 1 jigger of vodka
- 1 tbsp of mint simple syrup
- Sweet and Spicy Rim Mixture
- Lime wedges
- Fill a glass with ice and combine all ingredients above.
- Use a second glass to mix the cocktail.
- Rim the edge of the first glass with a lime wedge then dip the edge in the spicy rim mixture.
- Pour the drink into the rimmed glass and serve.