My favorite holiday is here-Thanksgiving! This weekend I went ahead and made a batch of turkey stock. You might be asking, "What does she use all that stock for?" Well, I use to make my cornbread dressing (enough for 26 people). I steam my rice in it. I make gravy with it. I always cook my green beans in it. The flavor that the turkey stock adds is phenomenal. Try it, I know you'll love it.
- Turkey breast with rib in tact
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 white onion
- 3 tablespoons of black peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- A few leaves of fresh sage
- One lemon, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- A large stock pot of water
- Fill a large stock pot with water and the ingredients listed above. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for one hour.
- Remove the turkey and strain the vegetables and herbs out of the stock.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Skim the fat off the top and strain again into plastic containers.
Hot Tip: Freeze any stock that you don't use!