South Carolina has been devastated by flooding and continuous rainfall over the past few days. We have all been stuck inside and had school cancelled. My girls and I were getting stir-crazy and I had to come up with activities continuously. You know I love to be in the kitchen and luckily my girls have followed in my footsteps. They love making cookies and brownies to pass out to their friends. Since fall is here and Halloween is around the corner, I thought these Spiders or Haystacks would be the perfect sweet snack to make. This recipe makes about 20 to 25 cookies. They're perfect for Halloween parties!
- 1(10- to 12-ounce) bag of chocolate chips for "spiders" or use butterscotch chips for "haystacks"
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1(5- to 6-ounce) package crispy chow mein noodles
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper
- Melt the chips in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Stir in the noodles, 1 cup at a time until all covered. You will use about 3 1/2 cups noodles.
- Drop by the heaping tablespoon onto the waxed paper.
- Refrigerate until hardened. Store in a resealable plastic bag or container for 2 to 3 days or freeze for up to a month.