Our evening entertainment in Idaho consists of rotating from house to house with our friends taking turns cooking for each other. This is such a treat for me because at home I'm usually the one doing the cooking. It's a summer of dinner parties with kids, all casual. Whether it is two people or ten people, you gotta' love good food and good company! These Blue Cheese Roasted Onions were one of the dishes my very good friend prepared for me that I cannot stop thinking about or recreating. They are such a great side for any meal and so easy to make. Impress your guests with these cheesy roasted vidalias.
- Mix the above ingredients, except the onion, together.
- Top the onion slices with the mixture.
- Roast in the oven at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Broil for 2 minutes to finish.
- 1 Vidalia onion, thick sliced into 4 or 5 pieces
- 5 ounces of your favorite blue cheese, I used Gorgonzola
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced