I packed my cooler and headed out to Idaho this week to put on a ranch soirée! Summer menus are my favorite-everything is fresh and relatively easy to prepare! This is my go to hostess menu. Each of these dishes pretty much can be made ahead of time which makes you look like the hostess with the mostess! Preparing ahead of time allows you to enjoy your party. Pickled Shrimp is always a hit, so I wanted to share the recipe with y'all. Use this menu as an idea and host your own soirée. Summer is quickly coming to an end, time to send out the invites!
- Bring 8 cups of the water and 6 tablespoons salt to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the shrimp and cook 2 minutes, just until the shrimp turn pink. Drain the shrimp and let cool.
- Combine the remaining 1/3 cup water with all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir and add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Stir, taste, and add more salt if necessary.
- Add the cooked shrimp, stir, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with toothpicks and enjoy!
- Pickled Shrimp
- Boiled Peanuts
- Tomato Sandwiches
- Pimento Cheese and Crostini
- Cucumber Dillicious Sandwiches
- Corn Salad
- Cobbler, with the fruits of your choice
For Pickled Shrimp, You'll Need:
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled, tails left on, deveined
- 8 1/3 cups water
- Kosher Salt
- 3 white onions, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups good-quality olive oil
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 8 bay leaves
- 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1 1/2 lemons, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1/3 cups capers in brine, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seeds