At least once a year I am lucky enough to travel to Boca Grande, Florida and visit one of my favorite markets, Newlin's Gourmet. Everything about Boca Grande is dreamy. If you have never been, make a plan to visit this sleepy beach town.
Newlin's is famous for their Lobster Roll sandwiches, as they sell out daily. However, last time I visited, I found another secret weapon that I have now recreated in my own kitchen; Grown Up Cheese Toast--perfect for your next gathering! This appetizer is so easy and you can kick it up a notch by adding roasted shrimp. Of course, I use a biscuit cutter in this recipe!
- Lightly toast the bread, then cut into rounds with a biscuit cutter
- Combine ingredients
- Top each toast round with a scoop of the mixture
- Bake puffs at 375 for about 10 minutes
- 15 slices of white wheat bread
- 1 cup of mayo
- 1/2 cup Swiss Gruyere
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 Tablespoons of chives
- Pinch of Cayenne
- Splash of white wine vinegar