I'm always looking for an excuse to have a margarita and Cinco De Mayo is right around the corner! Along with a quenching margarita, comes inspiration for a great meal. This year for the Mexican liberation celebration, I decided to make citrus marinated skirt steak tacos.
I then realized I needed a fitting side. I started thinking of summer salads and Mexican food when it hit me! I wanted to make a corn salad using Poblanos, fresh corn, red peppers, and cotija cheese! So here you have it! Celebrate and enjoy!
- 5 whole roasted poblano, chopped
- 5 cups of fresh cooked corn off the cob
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1/2 cup roasted Pepitas
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Boil corn and cut off the cob
- Roast Poblanos on your stove top, peel and chop
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together, toss with olive oil, and enjoy!