We have officially settled into our new house! I absolutely love living in the Old Village of Mount Pleasant. My girls have numerous friends in the neighborhood and we are biking and walking distance to school and Shem Creek. For our first supper, we rode our bikes to pick up local shrimp at the dock and then over to Mount Pleasant Seafood for some freshly caught snapper.
The snapper is simply prepared. First, I pat the filets dry with paper towels and seasoned with salt and freshly ground pepper. Then, I seared for 2-3 minutes on each side with a tablespoon of oil on a very hot smoking cast iron skillet. Finally, I top the dish with chimichurri sauce and microgreens! Chimichurri sauce is great on a variety of meats, so try it with your next meal. Enjoy!
- 2 cups loosely packed chopped cilantro
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped fresh flat-lead parsley
- 5 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped (both the white and green parts)
- 1/2 jalapeno chili, seeded and coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the cilantro, parsley, garlic, green onions, and jalapeno in a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add the lime juice and vinegar and pulse to combine.
- With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil and process until sauce-like.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.