Over the long weekend, Sarah had her best friend Ellie over. They have been friends since they were two and say they're going to college together. Ellie wanted to teach us how to make her signature dish, Shrimp Spring Rolls. We can learn a lot from our kids and they love to teach us!
Set up an assembly station with all of the ingredients and roll away. Once you have the ingredients that you want in the paper, roll and tuck and fold in the sides keeping it tight all the way to the end of the rolls. There is no measuring for this recipe. Wing it and have fun building these little bundles with your kiddos!
- Spring roll paper
- Warm water to dip the spring roll wrappers
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- Washed and stemmed cilantro and mint
- Cooked shrimp
- Cooked ground pork (optional)
- Vermicelli rice noodles, cooked and drained
Pineapple-Peanut Butter-Hoisin Sauce
- 10 ounces of Hoisin sauce
- 12 ounces of freshly cut pineapple with the juices
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Blend all of the above ingredients until smooth.