We are savoring the last tastes of summer with farmers market tomatoes in a quick savory all in one cobbler.
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1 heaping cup of cooked butter beans, or any beans or peas you like
- 1 heaping cup of tomatoes, I used heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1 heaping cup of cooked and chopped chicken, I like boneless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
For the batter
- 1 cup of self rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk the above three ingredients together and set aside
- On a stovetop melt the butter in a cast iron skillet.
- Once melted pull off the stovetop and add the batter.
- Next add the butter beans, tomatoes, chicken, and chives evenly around the skillet
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.