In honor of the Super Bowl this Sunday and my love for entertaining, I give you the Meeting Street Crab Dip. During our days baking on Meeting Street, my mom and I served Kathie Lee and Hoda our crab dip on the Today Show and had a phenomenal response. Serve this up along with biscuits, bloodys, and pimento cheese and you'll win the Super Bowl of entertaining!
- Melt the butter.
- Whisk in the flour and let cook until golden – add the mustard, cayenne, and salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, melt the tablespoon of butter and sauté the shallots.
- Slowly whisk in the warm cream on low heat. Then add the sherry/marsala.
- Remove from heat and add crabmeat.
- Add minced shallot and 1 cup of cheddar cheese, saving a 1/4 cup for the top.
- Add the chives, saving a few for the top.
- Put the mixture in a generously buttered casserole dish and top with breadcrumbs mixed with cheddar and chives.
- Drizzle with butter on top and bake at 375º until golden brown and bubbling.
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over all shells gone
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of cream
- 1 teaspoon of dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1/2 cup of chives
- 3 shallots minced + 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire
- 5 tablespoons of dry Marsala or Sherry
- A very generous cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh breadcrumbs