Every summer we drive out west and back for our Idaho July travels. It's always fun to plan our return trip and see which way we are going to go, slowly trying to show our girls the USA, with different experiences along the way. One of our stops a few years ago was with a great family friend--who goes by the famous name Gogo! My girls LOVE to dress up in her closet, play by her stream and look for the horses on her property in Laramie. Let's get this straight--Gogo doesn't cook, but she always has these "Killer Cookies' In her fridge for little hands and feet! My girls always talk about Gogo, her amazing beauty, creativity, and energy--AND her "cookies" I decided to make my own version, and my favorite part is they are kept in the freezer so I'm not always tempted to eat them! Out of sight out of mind!
- 10 ounces graham crackers
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ounces chocolate chips, melted for drizzle
- 1 cup Callie's Pecans, crushed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange graham crackers in a single layer on top of the parchment paper, covering the whole baking sheet.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter and sugar. Whisk constantly until bubbly.
- Pour butter on top of graham crackers. Spread with a spatula making sure to cover all of the graham crackers.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate all over the graham crackers.
- Sprinkle the crushed pecans all over the graham crackers.
- Freeze for at least one hour.
- Remove from freezer and break into pieces. Enjoy!