We intend to deliver our service with the maximum of respect for our clients privacy and with the minimum amount of information collection and retention as possible.
Consistent with our intent: We use three services to handle our transactions:
1. Shopify handles all of the transaction details except processing of credit card and Paypal payments, through our storefront which is “callies.myshopify.com”.
2. Paypal provides payment services to Shopify which brokers the transaction for callies.myshopify.com
3. Mail Chimp handles our email list and mailing service.
1) Shopify provides the storefront and transaction processing:
- hosting the website and shopping cart “callies.myshopify.com”;
- handling all emails to and from the store;
- collecting and presenting information to facilitate the sale including:
1. credit card numbers;
2. personal contact information;
3. shipping address;
2) Paypal provides payment services including:
- accepting credit card information from Shopify and returning a status of approved or not approved;
- Paypal payments.
3) MailChimp provides email services for the Callie’s Biscuits Newsletter including:
- maintaining the subscriber list including subscribing, unsubscribing, spam filtering and ancillary services;
- hosts the email generation and distribution;
- provides web access to the newsletter for text only mail readers;
Callie’s Biscuits does not collect any information other than your name and email address if you sign up for our newsletter either through our contact page or through the checkout process.
Credit card information is shared between Shopify and Paypay only. Callies’s Biscuits does not have access to your credit card information.
The only personal information that Callie’ Biscuits does receive is your order information which includes your name and shipping address.
We delete this information as soon as the article is shipped .
In the event of a problem with shipping, the information is retrieved from Shopify and used to assist in resolving the issue and then destroyed again.
All of our service providers have privacy policies which are consistent with our intent:
When Will Callie’s Biscuits Share Information:
1) Callie’s Biscuits will share information with our partners in the ordinary functioning of our business as disclosed by this policy statement and in the policy statements of our partners.
2) We will disclose information to the police with respect to aiding in the event of any unlawful activity including but not limited to fraud and theft.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here or by means of a notice on our homepage so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
- See more at: http://www.calliesbiscuits.com/pages/privacy#sthash.P39kDsMH.dpuf