Posted by Callies Biscuits on
My family makes pico de gallo all the time. It is fresh, easy, and delicious. Adding the avocado is the perfect twist and it beefs up the dish. We call this avocado salsa! It is great as a dip but also a great accompaniment with any meal. The perfect meal is to start with avocado salsa and my roasted poblano queso, your favorite quesadilla, and of course the Morey Margarita!
- - 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Score the bottom of the tomatoes with an X with your knife. Place tomatoes in boiling water for one minute. Remove and immediately place in an ice bath. Now you can easily peel the skin off the tomatoes.
1. In a bowl, mix together the tomatoes, cilantro, onion, lime juice, jalapeno, olive oil, salt and pepper. Gently fold in the avocados just before serving.