Lemony Crab Pasta
Posted by Callies Biscuits on
Wow! The holidays sure came and went in the blink of an eye. Although we ate and ate and ate some more, my family and I had a wonderful time together this past week! Now I think we're all ready to reset and get ready for 2019.
I first made this recipe during the summer and it was a hit. Since this cold, dreary January has me daydreaming of summertime crabbing with my girls, I decided it was the perfect dish to kick off the "refresh" for the New Year. I love a pasta dish that is light and doesn't make you feel like you need a nap afterward! I hope y'all enjoy!
Lemony Crab Pasta
- - 1 pound fettuccini linguini
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ white onion, diced
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced, divided
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, toasted and buttered
- 8 tablespoons/1 stick butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (or more if you like spice)
- ¼ cup fresh mint, sliced thin
- 1. Heat a sauté pan to medium high heat and add two tablespoons butter. Add the breadcrumbs and stir to combine with the butter. Toast breadcrumbs for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to burn the crumbs. Remove from heat and add in 1 tablespoon lemon zest. Set aside.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1 cup cooking water.
1. Heat a large heavy skillet to medium heat. Add two tablespoons butter and the olive oil. Add the diced onion and cook until onions soften about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook another minute.
1. Add the crab meat to the skillet with the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
1. Add in the cooked pasta along with ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water. Stir to combine. Add in the remaining butter, crushed red pepper, lemon juice and zest. Stir to combine, adding more pasta water if needed to thicken up the sauce.
1. Top with lemony breadcrumbs and fresh mint. Serve immediately and enjoy!