Posted by Callies Biscuits on
Well, it's officially hurricane season. In light of the storm (hypothetical and even metaphorical), we're serving up a comforting cocktail to transport us to tropical days! During the 2016 season, Tropical Storm Bonnie came to our coast. Once we realized the storm wasn't going to hit hard, we decided to have some fun. John brought out the booze and crafted the "Tropical Storm." This is a tasty cocktail that can be enjoyed anytime. No storm necessary!
- - 1 bottle of dark rum
- 1 bottle of light rum
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup mango juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup passion fruit juice
- 1/4 cup grenadine
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- Soda water
- Orange slices for garnish
- 1. Make the simple syrup. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar and water. Bring the mixture to a low boil. Stir until sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat and let cool completely. Store in a glass jar for up to 3 weeks.
1. Mix all the ingredients, except for the soda water, in a large pitcher.
1. Fill your glass with ice and pour 3/4 of the way full. Top with soda water.
1. Stir and garnish with an orange slice. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This recipe yields about 20 servings.
- - 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water