Production Kitchen Assistant
Posted by Callies Biscuits on
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time (M-F)
Job Classification: Hourly, non-exempt
Reports To: Director of Operations and Assistant Production Manager
We are a handmade biscuit company with a small family of bakers, honoring the tradition of southern biscuit making, and forging new traditions for those we serve.
We are looking for kitchen assistants who enjoy a variety of tasks, to join our team.
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable and growing company.
As a Kitchen Assistant you will rotate throughout several kitchen tasks that are required within the production of our products, while adhering to food safety and quality procedures. The purpose of this role is to assist the bakers by completing tasks that interrupt the flow of production. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary based on business needs. On occasion, and based on order demands, this position may require extended and/or weekend hours, especially during the holiday months.
This position offers growth potential to becoming a baker.
- Read, understand, and follow recipes
- Loading and unloading baking ovens
- Sealing, labeling, and packaging product
- Consolidating and rotating product
- Put away food order deliveries
- Keep bakery clean and organized at all times; restock workstations as needed
- Wash dishes; clean and sanitize equipment and storage areas
- Ensure daily cleaning and sanitizing of the bakery is complete
- Consistently apply company procedures per the employee handbook, company policies, and health & safety regulations
- Follow all food safety procedures
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Requires frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, and twisting
- Most duties are performed while standing
- Requires repetitive motion with hands and arms
- Exposure to various temperature changes
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a bakery is a plus, but not required
- Ability to understand the proper procedures during production
- Able to read, write, and demonstrate general math skills
- Knowledgeable of food safety practices, and proper sanitation procedures
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to work around order demands, including extended and weekend hours during peak seasons
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Is eager to become part of a progressive and unique company
- Can accomplish task with minimal directive
- Takes pride in his or her work
- Maintains a positive attitude
Callie’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, political affiliation, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.