Callie's Hot Little Biscuit Retail Baker
Posted by Callies Biscuits on
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Job Classification: Hourly, non-exempt
Reports To: General Manager
Do you like making people happy? Join our family and become a biscuiteer!
We are looking for team members who are committed to excellent customer service, preparing and serving the highest quality food, and working with an amazing team.
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable and growing company.
Responsible for preparing and serving hot hand-made biscuits, grits, and southern staples according to our proprietary recipes and standards. Attention to food-safety standards are a must. All employees are expected to complete daily cleaning tasks and work on all stations as needed.
- Follow and prepare recipes according to company standards
- Keep store clean and organized at all times; restock workstations as needed
- Wash dishes; clean and sanitize equipment and storage areas
- Take customer orders
- Prepare food and drinks
- Ensure daily cleaning and sanitizing of the store is complete
- Consistently apply company procedures per the employee handbook, company policies, and health & safety regulations
- Follow all food safety procedures
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Requires frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, and twisting
- Most duties are performed while standing
- Requires repetitive motion with hands and arms
- Exposure to various temperature changes
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Experience in foodservice is preferred
- Ability to interpret, understand, and follow recipe directions
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Able to read, write, and demonstrate general math skills
- Ability to remain calm and keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Must be able and willing to work flexible hours, including some late-night shifts
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is eager to become part of a progressive and unique company
- Is a team player
- Takes pride in his or her work
- Maintains a positive attitude
Callie’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, political affiliation, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.