Posted by Callies Biscuits on
I'll never forget my first amaretto sour. It was my high school senior cruise – my first cruise and likely my last. I remember getting on the ship and being so excited! My friends and I got all dressed up for our first evening aboard. I can't remember who suggested the cocktail but before I knew it my first turned into my fifth. They were so tasty but oh so regrettable!
During quarantine, my husband came up with the drink of the day. Each day he'd craft and share a new cocktail. When it came to the amaretto sour, I winced! I hadn’t had one since the cruise and was not into it. However, this one was much better. John revived my love for them and I can appreciate it (and not pace myself!).
- - 1 ounce amaretto
- 1 ounce whiskey
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce half sweet simple syrup
- 1 ounce soda water
- Fancy cherries for garnish
- 1. Make the simple syrup. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar and water. Bring mixture to a low boil. Stir until sugar dissolves.Turn off the heat and let cool completely. Store in a glass jar for up to 3 weeks.
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
1. Pour in the amaretto, whiskey, lemon juice, and half sweet simple syrup. Put the lid on the shaker and shake for 30 seconds until ingredients are chilled.
1. Pour into an ice filled glass. Top with soda water. Garnish with a fancy cherry. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Half Sweet Simple Syrup:
- - 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar