Posted by Callies Biscuits on
Nothing like a little friendly competition to make me go the extra mile! Last weekend we had a little fun with a drink contest since we had that extra day to play. My husband and I submitted this peach daiquiri and I am happy to report we won! This is not your typical frozen drink, it is beautifully presented and easy to make. It takes the meaning of a daiquiri to a whole different level, more refined, less beach bash and more sophisticated cocktail worthy! Don't forget to use your best cocktail glass and pressed linens to serve! Try it and challenge your friends to a Daq OFF soon!
- - 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 2 1/2 ounces of good quality rum
- 1/4 peach, peeled and sliced
- 5 sprigs of mint
- 1. Add the simple syrup, peaches, and mint to a tall glass and muddle.
1. Add the lime juice and rum to the same glass.
1. Add ice and cover with a bar shaker. Shake vigorously, then strain into a cocktail glass with a sugar spice rim.
1. Garnish with thinly sliced Serrano pepper and a mint leaf. Enjoy!
Sugar Spicy Rim Ingredients
- - 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 teaspoons of fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lime wedge to rim the glass before dipping in the mixture