Indian Roasted Okra & Tomatoes
Posted by Callies Biscuits on
It's no secret that okra is my spirit vegetable! I could eat okra every day with every meal. It must have been all the fried okra my Dad fed me during childhood! Nonetheless, I love this Southern staple and I love love love Indian food. So why not combine these two cultures and make an Indian roasted Okra for a weeknight supper accompaniment? The magical combination of the crispy okra with the pleasantly pungent spices roasted to perfection is an exotic departure from the boring week night green bean.
- - 1 POUND OKRA, WASHED, TOPS CUT OFF AND CUT IN HALF LENGTHWISE
- 1 PINT HEIRLOOM CHERRY TOMATOES, WASHED AND CUT IN HALF
- ¼ TEASPOON GROUND CUMIN
- ¼ TEASPOON GROUND CORIANDER
- 1/8 TEASPOON TURMERIC
- 3 TABLESPOONS OLIVE OIL
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- 1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
1. In a large bowl toss all ingredients together.
1. Pour onto lined baking sheet.
1. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are slightly charred.
1. Serve alone or on top of rice and Enjoy!