Posted by Callies Biscuits on
My Mama certainly knew how to make the most out of a little and to make it taste unbelievably good! She had many mouths to feed and she set the flavor bar really high--unintentionally of course. This super simple skillet cabbage and bacon side is just what I need after long nights with my girls doing homework and endless carpooling to sporting events!
- - 1 head of green cabbage, sliced very thin
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Tabasco to taste
- 1. Cook the bacon in a sauté pan until cooked through and crispy. Remove from pan, let drain and crumble. Reserve ½ cup of the bacon drippings.
1. Add the diced onion to the same sauté pan along with the bacon drippings. Cook until onions are soft and translucent; about 5 minutes.
1. Add the cabbage to the sauté pan with the onions. Add the crumbled bacon back in and 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
1. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until cabbage is tender. About 20 minutes.
1. Add salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze in the lemon juice. And a couple of dashes of Tabasco.
1. Serve immediately and enjoy!