From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
- • 4 slices of cucumber
- • 4 slices of jalapeño chili
- • Ice cubes
- • 1 ounce tequila
- • 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- • 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- • 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- • Lime wedge and kosher salt for rimming the glass
- • fresh cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
- • 1 cup water
- • 1 cup sugar
For the Simple Syrup:
If you know me, you likely know my love of the margarita. Spicy, fruity, classic, frozen - so many ways to indulge, responsibly of course! This particular margarita is coined the "Morey Margarita." I love my margaritas a little spicy and the jalapeño gives this one the perfect kick. Let me know what you think. Cheers!
- Put the cucumber and jalapeno slices in a cocktail shaker. Add a few ice cubes and shake until condensation forms on the shaker.
- Add the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and simple syrup. Fill with ice, and shake again.
- Rim the glass with the lime wedge. Spread salt in a saucer, if using, and dip the rim of the glass in the salt. Fill the glass with ice and add a few cilantro leaves, if you like. Strain the drink into the glass or pour without straining, keeping the cucumber and jalapeño slices in the drink. Stir gently.
To Make Simple Syrup:
- Combine the water and sugar in a microwave-safe pitcher and microwave 2 minutes to dissolve the sugar. You can also do this in a pot on the stove. Let cool. Pour into bottle, cap, and refrigerate.
Hot Little Tip
I love my margaritas a little spicy and the jalapeño gives this one the perfect kick.