Sausage & Peppers Cocktail Biscuits
From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
- • 1 large white onion, sliced
- • 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced
- • 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil
- • 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into ½ inch slices
- • Splash of white wine
- • Callie’s Buttermilk Biscuits, cooked according to package directions
- • ¼ cup mayo
- • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- • Salt and pepper to taste
In the midst of the holiday chaos, it's great to be able to reach in your repertoire (and freezer) for an easy and delicious dish. I turn to my trusty cast iron and when it's warm enough, our big green egg and create any hot little biscuit sandwich perfect for entertaining!
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add the olive oil, onions and peppers. Cook until tender; about ten minutes. Once tender add the garlic and cook for another two minutes.
- Remove onions and peppers and place on a plate. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, add a splash of wine to deglaze the pan. Add the sliced sausage and cook for another ten minutes.
- Return the onions and peppers back to into the skillet with the sausage. Turn off heat.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- To serve, spread the mayonnaise mixture on one half of a biscuit. Top with onions, peppers and sausage.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!