Sea Salt Biscuit Crackers - A Dips Favorite Cracker
From Carrie Morey's Hot Little Suppers cookbook
- • Third roll-out of buttermilk biscuit dough or other leftover buttermilk biscuit dough
- • Melted butter (amount will depend on how much dough you're using)
- • Salt
- • Freshly ground coarse black pepper
I have always loved artisan crackers. When I opened Callie's Hot Little Biscuit, I didn't want to serve store-bought chips with our pimento cheese.
Enter the Sea Salt Biscuit Cracker.
You can make them sweet by using cinnamon sugar instead of salt and pepper. Sprinkle Everything Bagel seasoning, for a salty, savory flavor reminiscent of your favorite bagel. Or you can choose a classic buttery, salty cracker to eat with our Pimento Cheese.
Are you gluten-free and looking for the perfect snack?
You can make these made-for-dips crackers gluten-free! Just substitute our biscuit mix for the Callie's Hot Little Biscuit Gluten-Free Biscuit Mix. It is now the perfect vessel for our pimento cheese (which is also gluten-free)!
These easy homemade biscuit crackers are a great way to repurpose leftover biscuit dough. They are delicious and super crunchy, and last forever. These crackers are perfect with dips, on a veggie platter, or when you want a crunchy midday snack!
Note: The number of crackers this recipe makes depends on how much leftover dough you're using.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll the dough to about 1/8-inch thickness using a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface.
- Slice the dough into rustic strips and transfer them to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Poke holes in the strips with a fork.
- Brush melted butter onto the strips and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Thinner strips crisp quickly, thicker strips will take more time.
- Let them cool, then store them in a sealed container.
The Sea Salt Biscuit Cracker is a hearty cracker that won't break easily when you dip it. Try them with any of my dips:
- Smoked Fish Dip
- Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Cast Iron Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Shallot Yogurt Charcuterie Dip & Salami Crisps
Looking to add a savory option to your charcuterie board? Don't overlook this delectable handmade cracker. Be sure to explore these blogs for expert tips and tricks on crafting the ultimate board for your upcoming event.
- The Masters Tournament Party Food
- Tailgating Trade Secrets
- Gift Basket Ideas for the Foodie in Your Life