Posted by Callies Biscuits on
Royal red shrimp are in season at Abundant Seafood and my friend, Kristen, called and said she wanted to have a seafood extravaganza. We often cook together with no real meal plans and this was no exception. We spent the day brainstorming what we should do with all of the fresh seafood. I was craving something buttery and garlicky and wanted to use a hearty crusty bread. This is the recipe we came up with! It's the perfect bright and fresh dish.
- - 3 pounds royal red shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 loaf crusty multi-grain bread, sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 whole cloves garlic
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Maldon salt for finishing
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Heat your grill to high heat.
1. Brush each slice of bread with the 3 tablespoons of olive oil and place on hot grill. Cook on each side for one minute or until crisp. Remove from heat and place on a large platter. Rub two cloves of garlic all over the grilled bread.
1. Drizzle the remaining two tablespoons olive oil over the shrimp and toss to coat. Place the shrimp on the hot grill and cook for two minutes on each side or until shrimp is cooked through; don’t overcook!
1. Remove shrimp from grill and place in a large mixing bowl.
1. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the butter, lemon zest, minced garlic and parsley. Let simmer for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes stir in the lemon juice and remove from heat.
1. Pour the butter mixture over the shrimp and toss to combine.
1. Pour the coated shrimp all over the toasted bread.
1. Garnish with maldon salt, fresh cracked pepper and crushed red chili flakes.
1. Eat immediately and enjoy!