Posted by Callies Biscuits on
My favorite holiday is here- Thanksgiving! This weekend I went ahead and made a batch of turkey stock. You might be asking, "What does she use all that stock for?" Well, I use to make my cornbread dressing (enough for 26 people). I steam my rice in it. I make gravy with it. I always cook my green beans in it. The flavor that the turkey stock adds is phenomenal. Try it, I know you'll love it.
- - Turkey breast with rib in tact
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 white onion
- 3 tablespoons of black peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- A few leaves of fresh sage
- One lemon, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- A large stock pot of water
- 1. Fill a large stock pot with water and the ingredients listed above. Bring to a boil.
1. Simmer for one hour.
1. Remove the turkey and strain the vegetables and herbs out of the stock.
1. Refrigerate overnight.
1. Skim the fat off the top and strain again into plastic containers.