Cinnamon Biscuit Monkey Bread
From Carrie Morey's Hot Little Suppers cookbook
- • 24 Callie's Cinnamon Biscuits
- • 1 cup salted butter
- • 2 cups light brown sugar
- • 1/3 cup heavy cream
- • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
During the pandemic, I had a lot of time to experiment with fun new ways to enjoy Callie's Hot Little Biscuit products. This Cinnamon Biscuit Monkey Bread was inspired by my trip to New Orleans where I fell in love with Willa Jean's monkey bread. I wanted to bring it back with me on the plane – that's how good it was! When I got home, I decided I needed to create a version of the recipe using our biscuits.
That winter, Callie's Hot Little Biscuit launched a very limited subscription release called Callie's Test Kitchen. This is where we launched our pumpkin spice biscuit, biscuit dressing, and (of course had to include) cinnamon biscuit monkey bread.
This monkey bread is a sticky-sweet breakfast or dessert bread created from our classic cinnamon biscuit recipe. I am not joking when I say this Cinnamon Biscuit Monkey bread is kinda, sorta addicting!
- Arrange the frozen cinnamon biscuits into a 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside.
- To make the syrup, heat butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla together until butter is melted and the mixture comes together.
- Pour syrup over the biscuits in the baking dish, ensuring that each biscuit is covered.
- In a separate bowl, mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over the cinnamon biscuits.
- Bake in a 350-degree preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once the biscuits have warmed through and the syrup is bubbly. Enjoy!
Your boxes of cinnamon biscuits come with cinnamon butter. Don't let the butter packets go to waste! Keep the packets in your refrigerator and spread them on your morning toast for a delightfully sweet a.m. treat!
Shop this post: