How to make our Biscuit Dressing Kit
From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
- • 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- • 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- • 1 cup diced celery
- • Salt and freshly ground coarse black pepper to taste
- • Biscuit Croutons from you Biscuit Dressing Kit
- • 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- • 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
Our savory biscuit dressing kit (or “stuffing” for those outside the South) is made from day-old buttermilk biscuits, ensuring that no biscuit goes to waste! In the Biscuit Dressing Kit, you'll receive our biscuit croutons and a recipe card for this recipe to make your own savory biscuit dressing.
Inspired by Carrie Morey's Hot Little Suppers cookbook Cornbread Dressing recipe, Carrie incorporates butter, onion, celery, sage, broth, and biscuits (of course!). In this shoppable kit, we'll include a recipe card written by founder, Carrie Morey.
1. In a medium-sized skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat.
2. Add the onions, celery, and salt and pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl.
3. Break up the biscuit croutons and add them to the bowl with sage. Mix well to combine.
4. Grease the bottom of the tin pan left over form the biscuit croutons using 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the dressing mixture.
5. Add the broth and stir to moisten the dressing.
6. Dot the dressing with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and season with salt and pepper.
9. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on top. Serve warm.