Coffee Rubbed Beef Tenderloin
From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
- • 1 pound beef tenderloin
- • 3 tablespoons finely ground coffee
- • Salt and pepper to taste
- • 1 tablespoon butter
- • Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit Buttermilk Biscuits
- • Mayonnaise
- • Fresh basil, sliced thin
Entertaining runs deep through my roots. A good Southern woman can whip up a delicious spread and a tasty cocktail for unexpected guests. When we have friends pop by, I pull out a dozen buttermilk biscuits from the freezer, a protein from the fridge and my trusty cast-iron skillet.
This coffee-rubbed beef tenderloin is one of my go-to biscuit cocktail hour snacks. I like to serve it alongside the refreshing cucumber dillicious biscuit, seared salmon biscuits (recipe coming soon) and a cocktail!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a cast iron skillet or oven safe skillet and heat to high heat.
- Rub the tenderloin with the coffee, salt and pepper making sure it is well coated.
- Place tenderloin in the hot skillet. Sear on all sides for two to three minutes.
- Place skillet in the oven. Insert a thermometer inside the beef and cook until desired temperature is reached. If you want a medium temperature, cook until inside temperature of 135° is reached. Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- To serve, spread mayonnaise on one half of a biscuit. Add the sliced tenderloin and garnish with fresh basil.
- You can serve this open faced or place the other half of the biscuit on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Shop this post
Callie's Hot Little Biscuit Buttermilk Biscuit