From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
- • 8 eggs
- • 1 cup heavy cream
- • 2 cups parmesan
- • 1 cup shredded white cheddar
- • 6 slices bacon
- • 1 clamshell white mushrooms, sliced
- • 1 shallot, diced
- • ½ cup white wine or rose
- • 1 red bell pepper, diced
- • 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- • 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- • Salt and pepper to taste
Impress your favorite lady with this crustless quiche. I made this quiche while we were on the keto diet and it is absolutely divine. The way the mushrooms, shallots, and thyme smelled as I sautéed them was simply mesmerizing! Pair this quiche with a glass of bubbly and vase of beautiful flowers to make your Mother’s Day perfect!
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a pie plate with 1 tablespoon butter and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or sauté pan to medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels; set aside. Reserving 1 tablespoon of grease.
- In the same pan with the reserved tablespoon of bacon grease, add 1 tablespoon butter. Heat to medium and add the mushrooms, shallots and thyme. Sautée until tender.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping up all of the bits. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Turn off heat and let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, and cheeses. Stir in the cooled mushroom mixture, diced bell pepper, crumbled bacon and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and set in the middle.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!