A Southerner's Gift Guide
From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
Every gift needs these key ingredients:
- • A southern staple
- • A handwritten note
- • Delivered with a smile!
Rule #1 for being a party guest – never show up empty handed! Here in the South, we believe that simple tomatoes from your garden, a jar of whipped homemade butter, or beautiful embroidered cocktail napkins are all acceptable hostess gifts. But what do you give when someone has everything they need? They answer for any given Southerner: food.
Hot Little Tip: no gift if complete without a handwritten note!
I'm rounding up my favorite gifts for the food lover, whether they be your hostess, graduate, a parent, or caregiver.
For the hostess:
- Hostess Helper Kit - my interpretation of the perfect southern hors d'oeuvres includes biscuits, of course! Make hosting brunch or cocktail hour easy with this savory selection of handmade southern staples.
- An cookbook of meal inspiration
- A new challenge – biscuit making! – with our mixes
For the milestone (graduates, promotions, etc.):
- Every graduate needs a mix of savory staples to fuel up for class or work, along with sweet surprises for those late-night study sessions. Our All Nighter Kit is perfect!
As a thank you:
- A big thank you: when you simply don't know how you could ever say thanks, fill their bellies! Our Handmade & Hand Mixed kit includes each of our biscuit flavors and pimento cheeses.
- A small but significant thank you: you can't go wrong with any of our Pantry staples, but I particularly love gifting our biscuit mixes!
- It is hard to find the right words when a friend is going through a tough time. While I always do my best, I also support them by keeping their kitchen (and bellies) full with our Share the Love Gift Basket.
For the new parent or home owner:
- If there is one thing I know, it's that when you are starting in a new home or as a new parent, time is of the essence! Our Wake & Bake Gift Set has an assortment of quick-easy go-to's like country ham biscuits and easy crock pot items like our slow cooker grits! Top with pimento cheese and BAM – easy brunch or supper!
- I love gifting a piece of Charleston. This Charleston Cravings collection was designed with our Upper King eatery's best sellers in mind.