How to Entertain Like a Southerner... with Biscuits!
Posted by Callies Biscuits on
If there is one thing that every good Southerner knows, it's to always be ready for unexpected guests. Whether it's a weekday and my girls bring friends home from volleyball practice, a weekend on the boat, or a house of rotating friends and family that helped us get by when my girls were just born – we are always prepared to have extra seats at the table.
Entertaining in the south comes down to a few things: good food, good weather, and good company. I love spending time in our kitchen or around the patio. Over the years, I've put together a few fool-proof ways that I entertain to make life easier on the hostess in my cookbooks, Callie's Biscuits and Southern Traditions and Hot Little Suppers.
Today, I'm rounding up a few of my personal favorite Callie's Hot Little Biscuit southern staples to keep stocked for entertaining guests – expected or unexpected!
For the casual day-time visit: click for recipe
- Spinach & Artichoke Biscuit Sandwiches
- Dill-icious Cucumber & Tomato Biscuit Sandwiches
- Smoked Sausage & Peppers Biscuit Sandwiches
- Watch the how-to here
For the cocktail party: click for recipe
- Seared Salmon Open-Faced Biscuits
- Coffee-Rubbed Beef Tenderloin Biscuit Sandwiches
- Dill-icious Cucumber Open-Faced Biscuits
- Watch the how-to here
For the cocktail party where you don't want to cook:
- You've got to have our Hostess Helper Kit – everything you need to make entertaining effortless!
- I also always keep our Cocktail Pecans and Cheese Crisps on hand. The pecans are candied with just the right amount of salt and spice and our Cheese Crisps use extra sharp cheddar and a hint of freshly cracked black pepper for a kick!
The perfect hostess gift: I love to gift items that can be enjoyed after the guests have left! Here are three of my go-to kits for gift giving for the entertainer in your life!
- TODAY Show Tasting - all of our hot little biscuits and pimento cheese
- Wake & Bake Gift Basket - we've taken our top sellers and added coffee and grits to the mix for the perfect at-home brunch or breakfast for dinner!
- Biscuit Mix - the perfect touch of Southern hospitality! Choose from savory buttermilk, sweet shortcake, or gluten-free.
Shop the Guide:Buttermilk Biscuits
Hostess Helper Kit
TODAY Show Tasting
Wake & Bake Gift Basket
Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
Gluten-Free Biscuit Mix
Shortcake Biscuit Mix