From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
- Briny Hounds:
- • 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- • 1/8 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- • 1/3 cup soda water
- • 1 jigger of vodka
- • 1 tbsp of mint simple syrup
- • Sweet and Spicy Rim Mixture
- • Lime wedges
- • 4 tbsp sugar
- • 4 tsp Kosher salt
- • 1/5 tsp ground cayenne
- • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Sweet & Spicy Rim:
TGIF y’all! What better way to kick off the weekend than with a tasty cocktail? This refreshing drink is perfect for a day of tailgating and hanging with your friends. Enjoy!
Mint Simple Syrup:
- Place 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup torn mint leaves, and zest of half a lime into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Stir for a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved and then remove from the heat.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and use it for up to 3 weeks.
Put it All Together!
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the grapefruit juice, lemon juice, vodka, and mint simple syrup. Put the lid on and shake for 30 seconds or until the ingredients have chilled.
- Rim the edge of your glass with a lime wedge then dip the edge in the sweet & spicy rim mixture.
- Pour into an ice-filled glass with a sweet and spicy rim. Top with soda water. Garnish with grapefruit slices. Serve immediately and Enjoy!
Hot Little Tip
This refreshing drink is perfect for a day of tailgating and hanging with your friends.