Cast Iron Roasted Oysters
From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
- • 36 oyster shell halves, preferably the rounded cup half
- • 1 teaspoon bacon
- • 1 teaspoon green onion
- • 2 teaspoons cheese
- • Black Pepper
I LOVE a good oyster roast! Anytime I can entertain and eat some incredible seafood, I'm there. Although oyster roasts will look a little different this year, you can make these fellas for smaller gatherings, or just for your family. Adding the cheese, bacon, green onions, and pepper makes it quick & easy perfection.
You will need 36 oyster shell halves, preferably the rounded cup half.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Pour a layer of salt into a cast-iron skillet. Nestle the oyster shells in the salt. You may have to do this in batches or use more than one skillet.
- Divide the oysters among the shells. 2 oysters per shell. Top each with 1 teaspoon bacon, 1 teaspoon green onion, and 2 teaspoons cheese. Give each oyster a few grinds of black pepper.
- Roast until the cheese melts and is bubbly and slightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
Hot Little Tip
I LOVE a good oyster roast!