Cast Iron Roasted Oysters
Posted by Callies Biscuits on
I LOVE a good oyster roast! Anytime I can entertain and eat some incredible seafood, I'm there. Although oyster roasts will look a little different this year, you can make these fellas for smaller gatherings, or just for your family. Adding the cheese, bacon, green onions, and pepper makes it quick & easy perfection.
You will need 36 oyster shell halves, preferably the rounded cup half.
Cast-Iron Roasted Oysters
- - 36 oyster shell halves, preferably the rounded cup half
- 1 teaspoon bacon
- 1 teaspoon green onion
- 2 teaspoons cheese
- Black Pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
1. Pour a layer of salt into a cast-iron skillet. Nestle the oyster shells in the salt. You may have to do this in batches or use more than one skillet.
1. Divide the oysters among the shells. 2 oysters per shell. Top each with 1 teaspoon bacon, 1 teaspoon green onion, and 2 teaspoons cheese. Give each oyster a few grinds of black pepper.
1. Roast until the cheese melts and is bubbly and slightly browned, 8-10 minutes.