Cocoa & Cream Cookie Waffles
From Carrie Morey's Hot Little Suppers cookbook
- • 1 box Cocoa & Cream Cookies
- • 2 cups Shortcake Biscuit Mix
- • 1-1.5 cups Cup Whole Milk
- • 2 Eggs
- • Splash of Vanilla Extract
- • Maple Syrup, to top
- • Powdered Sugar, to top
It surprises most people when I tell them that I'm not much of a breakfast person (biscuits are for breakfast, lunch, and supper.... oh, and dessert too!). I typically gravitate to a savory breakfast bar like my slow cooker grits or waffle waffle waffles, but in some cases, I love a sweet treat!
The other day I was scrolling through Instagram and saw Hungry Jack dip an Oreo into their pancake mix and fry it up on a waffle maker – YUM. No offense to Hungry Jack and Oreo, but I thought to myself I can make that even better.
Enter our Shortcake Biscuit Mix and Cocoa & Cream Cookies. These two sweet Southern staples are always in my playbook when it comes to dessert. In fact, you can even turn them into Cocoa & Cream Cookie Waffles... and here's how:
Makes 4-6 cookie waffles
- Insert a popsicle stick into the center of your Cocoa & Cream Cookie and place in the freezer until hard.
- In a bowl, mix Shortcake Biscuit Mix, eggs, whole milk (may substitute for low fat milk), and vanilla extract together until combined. You want this batter to be wet and thick, like pancake mix. It should not be loose or runny.
- Set your waffle maker on low setting and spray the inside with non-stick cooking spray.
- Once your cookie hardens, dunk it into the batter until fully covered.
- Add the batter-covered cookie to the waffle maker (with popsicle stick inside) and press. Cook low and slow until batter if fully baked. The cookie will melt in the center.
- Serve with maple syrup and powdered sugar.
Shop the Post
Hot Little Tip
There is a little bit of trial and error to every waffle maker. Add more batter as you see fit!