Lacquered Chili Garlic Asian Noodles
From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
- • 16 ounces flat rice noodles boiled 2 minutes less than instructions and rinsed and drained
- • Head of garlic minced
- • 2 heaping tablespoons minced ginger
- • 3 heads of Bok choy rinsed trimmed and chiffonade
- • 1 cup cilantro, flat parsley basil each - A handful reserved for topping
- • 8 scallions thinly sliced a handful reserved for topping
- • 1/2 cup dark soy
- • 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- • 1 tbsp. chili flakes
- • 2 tbsp. garlic chili sauce
- • 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- • 1/2 cup hot sizzling avocado oil or sunflower oil
- • Chopped peanuts for topping
- • Chopped cucumber for topping
I'm always craving Asian take-out and cuisine... especially lacquered spicy Savory tangy noodles. I was inspired to create this recipe after scrolling through my Instagram feed. It's amazing where inspiration comes from these days! My family and I have made this recipe multiple times now because we all love it so much.
- Boil noodles and heat oil at the same time.
- Chop all ingredients and place in a wok or a deep dish so that you have plenty of room to toss.
- Add bok choy herbs and green onions to the pot along with all the other ingredients
- Once your noodles are boiled and drained, add the hot oil to the bok choy mixture and toss
- Once the oil is incorporated into all the ingredients, add the noodles and toss again
- Garnish with peanuts and cold cucumbers
Hot Little Tip
The hardest part is chopping all the ingredients!