Pimento Cheese Pinwheel Recipe with Red Clay's Southern Chili Crisp
From Carrie Morey's Hot Little Suppers cookbook
- • Puff pasty
- • Pimento cheese
- • Thin-sliced deli meat
- • Red Clay chili crisps
- • Chives or herbs of your choice
- • 1 egg
- • Salt and pepper
"How is it THIS good when it was so simple to make?!"
I was having my friends from Casual Crabbing with Tia, Tia and Art, over so I very quickly made these pinwheel sandwiches with our pimento cheese, and some sliced ham, herbs, and Red Clay's Southern Chili Crisp (no longer available).
To quote Art: "How is it THIS good when it was so simple to make?!" They especially loved the heat from the Red Clay Chili Crisp so much that they even added more on top!
This pinwheel appetizer is nice because it can be modified based on what you have on hand or the flavor preferences of your guests.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Once your puff pastry has thawed, using a floured rolling pin to roll it out into a rectangle.
- Spread Callie's Hot Little Biscuit Pimento Cheese on the puff pastry, leaving about an inch of uncovered pastry on all edges.
- Top with your choice of deli meat, herbs, and spices. I used thin-sliced ham, Red Clay chili crisps, and chives (green onions would be great too!).
- Roll up the pastry in a tight log and cut in about 1 inch sections.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with an egg wash. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes and serve hot for cocktail hour!
Shop the Post: