Pimento Cheese Twice Baked Potato Recipe
From Carrie Morey's Hot Little Suppers cookbook
- Serves 4
- • 2 Idaho Russet Potatoes
- • Olive Oil
- • 1/4 Cup Green Onions, Chopped, Reserve 1 Teaspoon for Topping
- • 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- • 3 Slices Bacon, Chopped
- • 12 oz Pimento Cheese, Reserve 2 Tablespoons for Topping
- • 2 Tbsp Butter, Softened
- • Salt & Pepper to taste
My daughter Cate loves twiced baked potatoes... I mean, loves them. If I'm being honest, I have never really liked potatoes all that much unless they are in a crispy, French fry form and paired with a martini or juicy burger. When Cate last requested we have twice baked potatoes, I decided to put my own spin on the recipe by including our Pimento Cheese in the creamy center and on top.
Pro Tip: Broil the potatoes for one minute before serving to get that crispy cheesy top!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Rub your potatoes in olive oil and salt. Poke holes in the potatoes with a fork and bake for 50 minutes, then bring your oven back down to 375 degrees.
- Once cooled, slice the potatoes in half long ways, scoop out the potato filling leaving a small edge of potato around the skin. Set the skins aside and put potato contents into a mixing bowl.
- Fry bacon and chop. Set aside.
- Mix potato contents, chopped bacon, pimento cheese (reserving about 2 tablespoons for topping), butter, chopped green onions, salt, and pepper. If you like a super creamy center, use an electric mixer. If you prefer a chunky center, use a hand mixer or mix by hand.
- Scoop mixture back into your potato skins. Top with the reserved pimento cheese and more bacon crumbles, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for fifteen minutes, then broil on high for one minute.
Shop the Post: