Posted by Callies Biscuits on
This spinach bake will have you begging for more! As soon as I made this dish, I knew I would be adding it to our Easter menu. Growing up we ate a lot of creamed spinach and, to me, this is a more sophisticated version of the classic side dish. My girls and John came back for seconds. Lemon adds an excellent brightening flavor. This easy baked dish is the perfect side to your favorite meat. We’d love to see what you’re serving for your Easter supper. Don’t forget the biscuits!
- - 24 ounces of frozen chopped spinach drained. Make sure and squeeze the water out of the spinach.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- Half a cup of whipping cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Zest of half of a lemon
- A sprinkling of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon of butter for buttering the dish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat your oven to 375°.
1. After getting all the liquid out of the spinach, mix all of the ingredients together until they are very well mixed reserving half a cup of the cheddar to sprinkle on top.
1. Pour the mix into the buttered baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
1. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly golden.