Posted by Callies Biscuits on
This is the perfect year round recipe. You can use all different kinds of tomatoes and you can even throw in those tomatoes that don't look so good, or the ones that aren't quite ripe. Cut off those bad parts, drain the tomatoes, and make perfect baked tomatoes. I usually serve this dish for brunch with grits and eggs, or as a delicious dinner side. Get cooking, get creative, and enjoy!
- - 4 cups of chopped tomatoes preferably peeled
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Fresh chopped basil to taste
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 425°F
1. Peel and chop tomatoes. Place chopped tomatoes on a baking rack with salt and pepper to get out the most liquid in a short amount of time.
1. Coat the bottom of your skillet with olive oil.
1. Combine onions, garlic, and tomatoes in skillet and spread into 1 layer.
1. Add shredded parmesan cheese over top of mixture.
1. Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Pour breadcrumbs over mixture into one layer.
1. Add pats of butter on top of breadcrumbs.
1. Bake in oven for 45 minutes until top is golden brown.
1. Add chopped basil to taste. Serve hot.