From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
- • 12 large eggs, yolks and white separated
- • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt
- • 1 cup sugar, divided
- • 1 cup whole milk
- • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- • 1 cup bourbon
- • 1 cup rum
John makes this eggnog every year for our Christmas Eve party. He ladles it from a massive serving bowl. The next morning, our Christmas tradition is to add a splash of the leftovers to our coffee. It takes the bite off the party from the night before, a little early-morning hair of the reindeer to help us get back into the holiday cheer. It's not a rare thing to see a neighbor amble over in a bathrobe and slippers with their coffee mug extended for their own little splash of John's holiday elixir!
You can see a laughable moment of John making last year's eggnog while monitoring the football game for his fantasy football league in season two of How She Rolls. Watch the episode here!
- In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and half cup of the sugar. Whisk together.
- In a medium bowl, using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the egg whites on medium-high speed while gradually adding the remaining half cup of sugar. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form– this will take a couple of minutes.
- Gently fold the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
- Slowly add the milk, heavy cream, bourbon, and run. Stir until well combined.
- Chill and stir the eggnog again before serving.