Callie's Gluten Free Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe
From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
- • 2 cups Gluten-free flour, or you can use our mix
- • 6 Tablespoons salted butter, divided
- • 2 Ounces cream cheese
- • 3/4 to 1 cup buttermilk
- • 1/4 cup heavy cream
"I have missed BISCUITS so much. I took a chance and ordered these. Oh. My. Word!! I am in heaven."- MB, Callie's Hot Little Biscuit customer
Everyone deserves the joy of Callie's Hot Little Biscuit. Gluten-free biscuits make that possible. Browse our entire selection of gluten-free goodies to share the love with everyone in your crew. Mix and match items in this collection to make your very own gluten-free gift baskets for holidays and other special occasions. Send a thoughtful gift of Southern staples that's perfect for first-time homeowners, graduations and more. These gifts make it easier to pamper the people you love.
In addition to our gluten-free biscuits, gluten-free shoppers can also choose from Carolina Grits, Edwards Sliced Bacon and Edwards Sliced Country Ham. Don't forget honey, jam and preserves to make your gift extra sweet!
Gather Your Tools
Gather Your Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place 2 cups of biscuit mix into a large bowl.
- Add 4 tablespoons of salted butter and work it into the. Mix in a snapping motion with your fingers. Once your mix is the consistency of grated Parmesan cheese, add cream cheese in the same snapping manner. The cream cheese portions should be about the size of a dime.
- Mix the heavy cream and 3/4 cup buttermilk together in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the dough. Add mixture and combine until the dough is wet and sticky. Be careful not to overwork the dough. If more liquid is needed to absorb the flour, add the remaining buttermilk.
- Liberally dust the dough, rolling surface, rolling pin, and cutter with the remaining biscuit mix. Flip the dough onto a dusted surface. Roll the dough using a rolling pin until it is 2 inches thick.
- As you cut the biscuits, place on a parchment lined, rimmed baking sheet. The biscuits should touch. Bring remaining dough back together into a mound. Roll, cut, and place the biscuits in the same manner.
- Melt remaining butter and brush onto biscuits.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.