Simple Citrus Flank Steak
Posted by Callies Biscuits on
For this dish, I took inspiration from a trip to Puerto Rico. This is a great recipe for those no-cook summer nights. It's a simple yet flavorful marinade and then a fast grill. Quick and easy! Often times, I pair this steak with my family's "South Fork" slaw and it is one of our favorites. This is perfect for the summer - you don't even need to turn on your oven!
Puerto Rican Flank Steak
- - 1 ½ pound flank steak
- Juice of 2 clementine oranges
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1. Mix together the flank steak, clementine juice, cilantro, garlic, red onion and Sriracha. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
1. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
1. Sear steak in the skillet for 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Cook longer if needed to reach the desired temperature.
1. Serve over rice, lettuce, tortillas, or with my South Fork Slaw. Enjoy!