Simple Citrus Flank Steak
From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
- • 1 ½ pound flank steak
- • Juice of 2 clementine oranges
- • 3 cloves garlic, minced
- • ¼ cup cilantro
- • ¼ cup red onion, diced
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil
- • 1 teaspoon Sriracha
For this dish, I took inspiration from a trip to Puerto Rico. This is a great recipe for those no-cook summer nights. It's a simple yet flavorful marinade and then a fast grill. Quick and easy! Often times, I pair this steak with my family's "South Fork" slaw and it is one of our favorites. This is perfect for the summer - you don't even need to turn on your oven!
- Mix together the flank steak, clementine juice, cilantro, garlic, red onion and Sriracha. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear steak in the skillet for 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Cook longer if needed to reach the desired temperature.
- Serve over rice, lettuce, tortillas, or with my South Fork Slaw. Enjoy!
Hot Little Tip
You can find the recipe for "South Fork Slaw" in my cookbook.