Roasted Tomato and Zucchini Tart
Posted by Callies Biscuits on
If you are anything like me, I'm always trying to figure out sneaky ways to get my girls and husband to eat more veggies. I've realized that if I nestle vegetables amongst their favorite things, it becomes less of a struggle. This simple, colorful, and absolutely flavor packed savory tart has done the trick! The next time my girls tell me they don't like zucchini, I'll remind them of that time when they licked this plate clean!
- - 3 cups zucchini, rinsed and sliced thin (about 3 zucchini)
- 3 cups mixed medley cherry tomatoes, rinsed and cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 ounces Boursin cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour, divided
2 tablespoons shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1. Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, green onions, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
1. Roast vegetables in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Remove vegetables from oven and place into a colander to drain off the excess water. Let drain for 10 minutes, shaking off excess water.
1. Sprinkle half of the flour onto a sheet of parchment paper. Lay puff pastry onto the parchment paper. Sprinkle the other half of the flour on top of the pastry; so your rolling pin won’t stick. Roll out the puff pastry into a 10 x 12 rectangle. Carefully transfer the parchment paper and puff pastry onto a baking sheet.
1. Layer the zucchini and tomatoes onto the puff pastry, leaving a 1 to 2 inch border of pastry all the way around.
1. Pinch off pieces of Boursin cheese and scatter them around the zucchini and tomatoes.
1. Gently fold up the edges of the pastry all the way around. Brush the edges of the pastry with melted butter and cracked fresh pepper all over the edges.
1. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the tart is golden brown and crisp.
1. Remove from oven and garnish with chopped pistachios and mint.
1. Serve immediately and enjoy.