Savory Sausage Biscuit Casserole
From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
- • 3 cups cubed leftover buttermilk biscuits, cut into 1/2-inch to 1-inch cubes (about 4 to 5 biscuits)
- • 1 cup cooked ground sausage
- • 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (2 to 3 green onions)
- • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4-ounce block)
- • 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- • 3 large eggs
Here at Callie's Hot Little Biscuit, we believe nothing should go to waste! Our eatery managers came up with the idea to make a savory biscuit casseroles as a way to use leftover biscuits that did not sell when we closed for the day.
These savory sausage biscuit casserole is perfect for a small get together and is the perfect "catch all" to your favorite breakfast foods! This sausage biscuit casserole will leave all of your savory cravings satisfied.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Toast the cubed biscuits in the oven for 15 minutes, then let them cool.
- Increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Great a 9-inch cast-iron skillet or 8 x 8-inch casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, toss together the toasted biscuit cubes, ground sausage, green onions, and Cheddar cheese. Transfer the mixture to the skillet or dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the biscuits in the skillet or dish, making sure all the pieces are coated.
- Cover the skillet or dish with foil and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Bake, covered in foil, for 20 minutes, until the liquid is set. Remove the foil and bake 10 to 20 minutes longer, until the casserole is golden brown on top.