Sweet Potato Biscuit Recipe
From Carrie Morey's Hot Little Suppers cookbook
- 2 cups Callie's Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
- 2.5 oz butter (5 tbsp)
- 3⁄4 cup sweet potato
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
The talented artisan bakers at Callie's Hot Little Biscuit are continually crafting something extraordinary. For a number of years, our legendary sweet potato biscuits were a seasonal favorite, a tradition that many customers still inquire about annually. Although we've discontinued this seasonal special, we are delighted to share the recipe with you, putting the power to recreate this beloved treat right at your fingertips!
Yields 12 Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place 2 cups of flour into a large bowl
- Add butter and work into the mix in a snapping motion with your fingers. Once your mix is the consistency of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add the spices and mix until evenly distributed. Make a well in the center of the dough.
- In a separate container, mix milk, sweet potato, and vanilla together. Add the mixture to the flour/butter mixture and combine until the dough is wet and sticky. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Liberally dust the dough, rolling surface, rolling pin, and cutter with the remaining biscuit mix. Flip the dough onto a dusted surface. Roll the dough using a rolling pin until it’s 2 inches thick.
- As you cut the biscuits, place on a parchment lined, rimmed backing sheet. The biscuits should touch. Bring remaining dough back together into a mound. Roll, cut, and place the biscuits in the same manner.
- Melt remaining butter and brush onto biscuits.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.